Congratulations to our very own Ellie DeLoretto who has won first place in her division of the Northwest Region Student Auditions! She is now eligible for the National Rounds of the NATS Student Auditions. Way to go Ellie!
Auditions for AWC and Concert Choir for 2017-2018 will take place April 17-21. The following gives some instructions and help on three important topics relative to the audition:
I) instructions for using Sign Up Genius to secure an audition time
II) Instructions for completing the Google form to register you for the audition
III) materials for sight singing practice.
Remember, EVERYONE must audition for placement in these groups – this includes returning members!
As always, communicate with me with any questions or concerns. Best wishes for a great audition!
Use the following documents in order to audition for choir.
I. Please use the following button to sign up for a time for the first round of choir auditions.
1. Click the button
2. On the next page find a time that is convenient for you during audition week and check the box labeled “Sign Up” then click the “Submit and Sign up” button at the bottom of the page.
3. Type in your name in the box that has your chosen appointment.
4. If you wish to register for a Sign Up Genius account,(not required) you may fill in the requested information. If not, just click “Sign Up Now”.
5. Your audition appointment is now reserved.
II. Use the following form to complete personal information to be used for your audition.
Registration form for Choir Audition
III. Sight Reading Practice – the following are links to some practice sight reading examples. Good luck!
Just a reminder that call time for the mass number rehearsal tomorrow is 5:25, NOT 5:55.
Today at the district Solo/Ensemble contest Sprague Singers really showed their stuff. The following are the results:
- Ellie DeLoretto – 2nd place Soprano voice, qualifies for State Finals
- Ellie Warner – Alternate Soprano voice.
- Framework – 1st place Mixed Large Ensemble, qualifies for State Finals
In addition there were a number of students in Band and Orchestra who also placed. Well done Olys!
This last weekend Framework performed at the DeMiero Jazz Festival in Seattle! Dr. Brown indicated that this was one of the best performances by the group that he has ever heard!
Special solo awards were given to Ryan Tadlock and Natalie North for their performances in “Feelin’ Good”.
Framework was joined on the trip by our friends in Southernaires and their director, Will McLean from South Salem High School.